Are You Making Critical Estate Planning Mistakes?
Get Informed, Get Valuable Personal Advice, and Get a Nice Dinner Out On Me!
Few decisions are more important than estate planning decisions. The right estate plan can help your family keep the peace, reduce taxes and easily transfer assets without court supervision.
My name is Brent Ripley. I'm a Utah lawyer and investment advisor. I practice estate planning law and give investment advice as a fiduciary advisor, and I want to help you make good decisions with your estate plan and investments.
I've been an estate planning lawyer and investment advisor for over 20 years, most of it in Utah. I have seen hundreds of people just like you plan for and execute their retirement decisions and estate plans. My experience helps me see the things you don't see, and consider issues you haven't thought about.
Let me tell you what we'll go over in our free consultation.
First, I don't have a presentation prepared for you. You are in charge of our time together. We will talk about whatever you want to talk about. It's a time to ask me questions about whatever is most pressing for you. Common questions I get are
- Which is best for my family, a Will or a Trust? Why?
- How can I protect my spouse's rights to my accounts after I pass away?
- How can I make sure we don't run out of money in retirement?
- How much can I expect to make each year from my investments?
- Should I take social security income now or should I wait?
- How do I protect my investment from big losses?
- How do I make changes to my estate plan?
- Should I convert my retirement savings to Roth IRAs?
- Are all my assets properly titled to my Trust?
- What if I don't need to withdraw money from my retirement accounts?
- How can my family reduce the tax they will pay on my retirement savings when I pass away?
I will answer any questions you have to the best of my ability. Most people who come see me bring their investment statements, last year's tax returns, retirement plan statements and estate planning documents. This gives me a fuller understanding of your situation and allows me to give you real answers, not just hypothetical ones. But that's up to you. Just be aware that I don't like to shoot from the hip, and if I don't have enough information, I probably won't have very complete answers.
Of course, if you just want a general understanding of how rollovers and estate planning works, I am happy to explain it to you. Whatever we talk about, when we're done you can go on your way and have a great meal.
A meeting with me doesn't cost you anything, and can save you many thousands of dollars. Why not come in?